Monday, November 10, 2008

#11 Week 5

Greetings.

With this assignment, one of the things that I checked out that was pretty cool was the g.ho.st. G.ho.st is an online desktop/operating system. If a person were to be on the go alot, an application like g.ho.st would be especially cool. When you loaded the thing up, it was like a complete desktop, all online. G.ho.st has a built in spreadsheet, word processor, games, and even music. Also, they give you 5 gigs of storage to back up all of your information. To see how this worked, I backed up my entire 2 gig flashdrive.

This service is free of charge, and actually quite quick to use. The only drawback that I'd see to this service is if you dont have broadband internet, or even if you had a lower speed broadband connection, you might be in trouble.

The other web 2.0 application that was an award winner that I found was imcooked. Imcooked is a site for creating recepies and cooking them, on video. Out of curiosity, I looked up "hot wings". I found a video of two guys making grilled hot wings. The video was absolutley hillarious though. A website like this would be helpful, obviously for what goes on when school is over.

As far as the Ning went, I registered for it, and joined a teacher-librarian network. Ning didnt impress me all that much, however. I thought it was confusing and difficult to navigate. I wasnt all that impressed. I've used facebook for years, and facebook is quite more advanced than ning.

Finally, my traveler IQ...yeah, I took the test, and as the kids at school say "I got owned." My traveler IQ was an awesome 90. I feel proud of myself...yeah. I made it through round 6, and then I was out.

I'm enjoying the activities thus far. Have a good one.

1 comment:

starlagurl said...

Only 90! Come on, you can do better than that...

You can chat about strategy and compare scores with other Traveler IQ addicts (including me) in our travel forums

Louise Brown
TravelPod Community Manager