Friday, October 31, 2008

Flickr

Flickr is a website that I rather enjoyed.

I did a few searches, one of them for Airplanes (I'm a private pilot, airplanes fascinate me), and the return was about 65000 pictures. Some of the pictures that returned however had nothing to do at all with what I searched.

My Picture

The picture that I selected to blog about is one of Cadillac Mountain, outside of Bar Harbor, Maine. Also, the location where that picture was taken specifically was where I proposed to my Fiance'. That place kind of holds a special place to me.

I also explored one of the reccomended third party websites, I checked out Mappr. I didn't know that this even existed, and its extremely interesting. There is a demonstration on the first page called route 66. The pictures follow US Route 66 the whole way accross the country. Absolutley Fascinating. Its amazing the things that technology can do for us. More to follow in my next entry.

No comments: